We will learn on how to uses two adjustment layers to lower the vibrancy of the photo while preserving some colors.
Here is the steps:
- Let’s open a photo in Adobe Photoshop.
- Click on Adjustment Layer and select Black & White.
- In the Black & White window, just click OK. We will do the adjustment later.
- Now at the layer palette, change it from Normal to Multiply.
- Click on Layer on the Menu bar and select Duplicate Layer.
- In Duplicate Layer window, click on OK.
- Now you will have another black & white layer, I need you to change the newly created layer’s layer palette from Multiply to Screen.
- If you wish to make adjustment for the colour tone for the two black & white layers. Just simply double click on the layer and it will pop up the Black & White window for you.
- Here is the sample of completed photo.