Let create a high contrast photo by using layers.
Here is the steps:
- Let’s open a photo in Adobe Photoshop.
- Press on Ctrl + J to duplicate the original layer.
- Click on Add layer mask.
- Click on Image on the File menu and click Apply Image.
- In Apply Image window, click on OK.
- Press on Ctrl + J to duplicate the newly created mask layer.
- Select the mask layer. Then click on Image, then move over to Adjustments and click Invert.
- Change the layer palette from Normal to Screen for the top layer.
- Change the layer palette from Normal to Multiply for the second layer.
- Here is the comparison before and after the editing.